Residential garage doors may need repair for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Broken Springs: These components endure significant tension while aiding in the smooth lifting and lowering of the door. Over time, wear and tear can lead to spring breakage. When this happens, the door becomes hard to open and may get stuck. Replacing these springs is crucial for restoring proper functionality.
- Malfunctioning Opener: The opener is the control mechanism for the door opening and closing. When it malfunctions, the door may not open at all. Or it may move erratically or not close correctly. Professional repair services for the opener can rectify these issues and ensure smooth door operation.
See more about garage door opener repair services.
- Damaged Tracks: The tracks are the paths that guide the garage door’s movement. They are essential for smooth door functioning. Damage to these tracks, such as dents or misalignments, can cause big problems. They can make the door move unevenly or get stuck. Sometimes, damaged tracks cause grinding or scraping noises during operation. Repairing or realigning the tracks is crucial to getting things back on track (pun intended!) Properly aligned tracks ensure the door moves smoothly, reducing strain on the opener and other parts of the system.
- Worn-Out Rollers: Rollers are pivotal in facilitating the door’s movement along the tracks. Continuous use can lead to wear and tear, causing the rollers to deteriorate. When this happens, the door might move unevenly or even get stuck. Replacing worn-out rollers ensures the door moves smoothly along the tracks.
- Damaged Panels: External factors or accidental collisions can cause damage to the door panels. This damage may affect the alignment or functionality of the door. This can make the door not close correctly or become misaligned.
- Loose Hardware: The various components and hardware that comprise the door assembly can loosen over time due to constant use and vibration. Loose hardware can cause the door to operate unevenly or create difficulties opening and closing it smoothly.
Extend the Life of your Overhead Door
Regular maintenance can help prevent these problems and make your garage door last longer. It’s essential to call a professional for garage door repairs because:
- Safety: Garage doors are heavy and dangerous to work on without proper training and tools. Trying to fix it yourself can be hazardous and lead to severe injuries.
- Lack of Expertise: Garage doors can be complex systems with interconnected parts. Maintenance and repair need special knowledge and skills. Without them, you might not know what’s causing the problem. Or you may make things worse by trying to fix it yourself.
- Cost and Warranty: If you try to repair the door yourself, you might spend more money and void any warranty you have on the door or its parts.
- Time: Fixing a garage door takes time and the right tools. Hiring a professional saves you time and lets you focus on other things.
As a seasoned garage door technician, John Chapman knows how to do the job safely and correctly. He has the experience, tools, and knowledge to find the problem and fix it so your garage door works well again.
Contact me for emergency service.
Seven days a week – evenings and weekends too!
Cal-Western Overhead Doors provides repair services throughout Ventura County, Santa Barbara, and the west San Fernando Valley.